Do you have an upcoming move from Portland, OR to Medford, OR and are unsure where to start? Allow Redefyne Moving & Storage to be your moving experts to help guide you through your upcoming long-distance move.
In this article, we’ve covered everything you need to know about moving from Portland to Medford. From moving costs to weather patterns, we’ve crafted a moving guide to help you along your journey.
How Much Does It Cost to Move from Portland to Medford?
Moving within the same state falls under either a local move or long-distance move. Anything under 50 miles is considered a local move, while anything over that, both within state lines and across them, is called a long-distance move.
A move from Portland to Medford covers around 270 miles, and it’ll take you around 5 hours to drive from one city to the next, depending on traffic conditions. As such, it costs around $2000 to book a full-service move from Portland to Medford. For a more in-depth understanding of the cost of your move, feel free to visit our website and obtain a free moving quote.
Redefyne Moving & Storage Can Help You Move from Portland to Medford
Redefyne Moving is a national moving company that redefined the standards of relocating. We offer a wide range of affordable and reliable packing and moving services across the country. Since 2010, our full-service moving company has been serving our Oregon and Texas communities by assisting in all aspects of your move. Redefyne Moving is here to offer a helping hand wherever you may need it.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our customer service. The Redefyne Moving family consists of relocation experts trained in the field with proper hands-on experience. Our highly trained national movers and packers can handle local, long-distance, and commercial moves across the country.
Here’s a look at our moving services:
- Local moving: Whether down the street or across town, a local move involves just as much packing, work, and logistical wrangling as a long-distance one. Having a mover on your side that’s experienced in local moves is key.
- Long-distance moving: Whether you’re moving within Oregon or beyond this beautiful state, we’re here to serve you to the best of our abilities. We take care of the logistics of your long-distance move so you can focus on what matters.
- Commercial & office moving: We can get you and your organization moved to a new office, building, or city. Let our trained experts handle the difficult parts.
- Packing & storage: We offer personalized packing and storage solutions for our customers to ensure they have the best move possible.
- Loading & unloading: Our trained crews handle the challenge of loading & unloading. Our unloading service is a huge time-saver and a load off your back, especially when all you want to do after moving is settle in as quickly as possible.
What to Know When You’re Moving to Medford
Medford, OR is a scenic city located in the southern portion of Oregon state. It’s situated in the Rogue Valley and is surrounded by stunning nature and wildlife. It’s a great place to live if you want to feel more connected to the outdoors and get away from the more crowded city of Portland.
Though Medford is no exception to the overcast weather that’s common in the Pacific Northwest of the United States, it does experience clear and sunny summers. It’s an ideal place to live if you still want to get some sunshine in the summertime and bundle up in the colder months. For more, check out this Weather Spark report on Medford’s annual weather patterns.
Cost of Living
In comparison to Oregon and the national average, Medford’s cost of living is lower. The housing market is more affordable for both renters and buyers. Its population is less dense, and it’s connected to plenty of open land and picturesque scenery.
Employment in Medford
According to data obtained from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, as of September 2022, Medford has an unemployment rate of 4.4%. That’s higher than the national average, though on par with surrounding areas.
The top companies to work for in Medford are Lithia Motors, Triple A RV Center, and Asante. For more, you can check out Zippia’s list of employers here.
Top Attractions in Medford
As expected, all the top spots in Medford have to do with exploring the outdoors. Here’s some of the top attractions to visit in Medford, OR:
- Rogue River: Explore the gem of southern Oregon. This world-famous river is a fan favorite and is over 200 miles long.
- Upper and Lower Table Rock: This is one of the most popular and beautiful hiking locations in southern Oregon.
- DANCIN Vineyards: Come take in the vast fields and Oregon-grown flavors of this popular vineyard.
- Natural Bridge Loop: Take a leisurely stroll along this 2-mile trail that features dense forestry and beautiful waterscapes.
- Medford Railroad Park: This 49-acre railroad park houses acres of Oregon’s railroading history.
Book Your Move from Portland to Medford Today
With our ever-growing staff, extensive relocation services, and exceptional customer service, it’s no wonder we have been named one of the best moving companies nationwide! With every local, long-distance, or office move we service, we promise to provide our customers with the highest quality packing and moving experience. Distance doesn’t mean a thing to our dedicated team of packers and movers.
Redefyne Moving & Storage is committed to transporting your belongings safely and making your moving experience simple. Redefyne Moving understands integrity and knows how to get the job done right. So, allow us to handle your upcoming move from Portland, OR to Medford, OR so you can look forward to the journey ahead. To help you get started, you can download our free Moving Day Checklist.
Have any questions? You can contact us today. Or, for an instant free moving quote, you can visit our website at any time.