Do you have an upcoming move from Portland, OR to Baker City, OR and are unsure where to start? Allow Redefyne Moving & Storage to be your moving experts to help guide you through your exciting new chapter.
In this article, we’ve covered everything you need to know about moving from Portland to Baker City. From local moving costs to employment opportunities, we’ve crafted a moving guide to help you along your journey.
How Much Does It Cost to Move from Portland to Baker City?
Moving within the same state falls under either a local move or long-distance move. Anything under 50 miles is considered a local move, while anything over that, both within state lines and across them, is called a long-distance move.
A move from Portland to Baker City covers around 300-350 miles, and it’ll take you at least 5 hours to drive from one city to the next, depending on traffic conditions. As such, it costs around $2500-$3000 to book a full-service move from Portland to Baker City. For a more in-depth understanding of the cost of your move, feel free to visit our website and obtain a free moving quote.
Redefyne Moving & Storage Can Help You Move from Portland to Baker City
Redefyne Moving is a national moving company that redefined the standards of relocating. We offer a wide range of affordable and reliable packing and moving services across the country. Since 2010, our full-service moving company has been serving our Oregon and Texas communities by assisting in all aspects of your move. Redefyne Moving is here to offer a helping hand wherever you may need it.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our customer service. The Redefyne Moving family consists of relocation experts trained in the field with proper hands-on experience. Our highly trained national movers and packers can handle local, long-distance, and commercial moves across the country.
Here’s a look at our moving services:
- Local moving: Whether down the street or across town, a local move involves just as much packing, work, and logistical wrangling as a long-distance one. Having a mover on your side that’s experienced in local moves is key.
- Long-distance moving: Whether you’re moving within Oregon or beyond this beautiful state, we’re here to serve you to the best of our abilities. We take care of the logistics of your long-distance move so you can focus on what matters.
- Commercial & office moving: We can get you and your organization moved to a new office, building, or city. Let our trained experts handle the difficult parts.
- Packing & storage: We offer personalized packing and storage solutions for our customers to ensure they have the best move possible.
- Loading & unloading: Our trained crews handle the challenge of loading & unloading. Our unloading service is a huge time-saver and a load off your back, especially when all you want to do after moving is settle in as quickly as possible.
What to Know When You’re Moving to Baker City
Baker City, OR is a small city located in northwestern Oregon. Officially incorporated into the United States in 1874, Baker City has slowly grown to be the beautiful, thriving city surrounded by mountain views that it is today. According to the 2021 U.S. Census, Baker City has a population of just over 10,000.
Likely what draws many in is that Baker City, at an elevation of 3,440 ft., is surrounding by the snow topped Elkhorns on the west and the jagged Wallowas on the east. With a small population and beautiful views, it’s a great place to settle in and learn your community.
Using data pulled from Weather Spark, the annual weather of Baker City, OR consists of short summers and long, frigid winters. The city has typical Oregon-type overcast weather, but it’s higher in elevation that other popular Oregon cities, making it colder and more likely to have heavy snowfall.
Cost of Living
Baker City, OR has a lower average cost of living than surrounding cities in Oregon and the national average. In fact, according to 2021 data, it’s about 20% cheaper to live in Baker City than it is to live in most major cities in the United States. The housing is quite affordable here for both renters and buyers, with the homeownership rate at about 70% in 2020. It’s a great place to settle if you’re interested in buying a home and paying lower living costs.
Employment in Baker City
Though 2021 data puts the unemployment rate in Baker City at 7.1%, the job market growth rate is projected to be positive over the next 10 years. In fact, this future job growth rate is predicted to be 35.5%, about 2% higher than the national average.
Top Attractions in Baker City
There’s a lot of history and heritage attached to Baker City, OR. A lot of the top attractions in Baker City have to do with exploring the legacy of this northwestern Oregon city. Here are a few attractions you can consider visiting after your move:
- National Historic Oregon Trail Interpretive Center: See and understand the history of the Oregon Trail. This center features interactive exhibits and multi-media presentations.
- Baker Heritage Museum: This museum was established in the 100-year-old Baker Municipal Natatorium in 1982. It’s great for a day trip into Baker City’s history.
- Baker City Mini-Loop: Bike along this commuter-friendly trail for an inside look into historic downtown Baker City, OR.
- Leo Adler House Museum: This Italianate-style home was the residence of local entrepreneur and philanthropist, Leo Adler, for 94 years until his passing in 1993.
- Glacier 45 Distillery: Visit this local distillery that draws inspiration from Baker City’s deep connection with nature and active lifestyles.
Book Your Move from Portland to Baker City Today
With our ever-growing staff, extensive relocation services, and exceptional customer service, it’s no wonder we have been named one of the best moving companies nationwide! With every local, long-distance, or office move we service, we promise to provide our customers with the highest quality packing and moving experience. Distance doesn’t mean a thing to our dedicated team of packers and movers.
Redefyne Moving & Storage is committed to transporting your belongings safely and making your moving experience simple. Redefyne Moving understands integrity and knows how to get the job done right. Allow us to handle your upcoming move from Portland, OR to Baker City, OR so you can look forward to the journey ahead. To help you get started, you can download our free Moving Day Checklist.
Have any questions? You can contact us today. Or, for an instant free moving quote, you can visit our website at any time.