The weather in Portland has finally started to improve, summer is here and now its time to relocate to a new place. You have been patiently waiting for the weather to clear, and now you can move without worry of your belongings getting soaked by the Northwest rain. Make sure you have a clear, concise plan of action to follow for your moving day. Review our helpful Packing Tips to make sure your move goes as smoothly as possible. If you are considering using storage units, Portland, OR company, Redefyne Moving, can help you make the best decision.
Take a few days before you plan to move to do some research. Check online to compare prices for a few different Portland moving companies, figure out the amount of boxes and materials needed and calculate truck rental fees if your going to be moving yourself.
Things To Keep In Mind
- Plan ahead for everything going into storage. Label and set those things aside.
- Know in advance what methods of payment the moving company accepts (cash, card, money order, etc.)
- Be sure to ask the movers any questions you have concerning the paperwork you must sign.
- Make prior arrangements for delivery of your things (time, date, location, etc.)
- Treat your movers with respect. Providing refreshments and snacks is greatly appreciated.
- Take care of any conflicts that may arise and ensure that children and pets will not be a distraction.
- Pack all of your personal and valuable belongings before hand.
- Remain in contact with the moving company. This helps to assure that all of your concerns are quickly addressed.
If you need to put a bunch of your stuff in storage, here are a few helpful tips:
- Title all of your boxes on at least two sides. This will make it easier to find certain items if you need it from storage.
- Put covers or pads on all your furniture
- Inventory everything going into the storage unit.
- Take apart all of the items you can to save space, like beds, tables, shelves, etc.
We hope these tips aid you in your move.