Things to Know Before Your Moving Day:
- We want your day and ours to go smoothly, that’s why it is important that we know all the details of your move prior to your moving day. Be sure to give us a call or send us an email if there are any changes, or if you need any packing materials before your move date.
- If an item fits in a box, that is where it should be. Boxes keep your items safe, and help your move go smooth. In the event that you need boxes, they are available for purchase.
What We Can’t Move
- Weight: If you are concerned about the weight of an item, please give us a call at our office. Anything over 200 pounds should be discussed upon booking your move, and might require more than two movers. There are certain items that we cannot move or that might require a licensed expert and we would be happy to provide suggestions for other local companies. In addition, there may be elements of your home that make heavier items difficult to be moved in or out safely. Please give us a call if you have questions, or would like to schedule a free in-home estimate.
- Excluded Items: Regulated by the State of Oregon and our insurance provider; our policy restricts certain items from transit. The following items cannot be transported in our trucks: flammable, explosive, or corrosive items. In addition, we recommend that no liquids, perishable items, living things or items such as, cash, jewelry or important documents are transported in our trucks.
- Our insurance prevents us from covering customer packed boxes, as well as a few other items. Please ask to see a copy of our waiver for full details.
How to Pay:
We accept cash, credit and debit cards. We require a deposit to reserve your reservation, and ask that if there is any need to cancel or reschedule, that you let us know 48 hours in advance of your move date for a full refund. Payment is automatically drafted using the card on file, unless otherwise specified.
We believe that gratuity should be based on the crews performance, and be in an amount that feels comfortable to you.
Here are a couple different ways previous customers have thanked our crews for their hard work:
- Ordered Pizza or Sandwiches
- A Cooler full of Gatorade on a hot day
- Ice water on Hand
- Ice Cream from an Ice Cream Truck
- Gift Cards or Employee Store Passes
How We Protect Your Items on the Day of Your Move
What is Included:
- Tape – To secure items and pads during move
- Shrink Wrap – This is used mainly for items with doors and drawers, 5-6 furniture pieces are included with every move. Couches are not included; however, Additional shrink wrap is available for purchase.
- Furniture Pads – per industry standard, 36 pads are assigned to each of our trucks, but to go the extra mile for our clients, we like to throw in a few extra, just in case.
- Door and Banister Protection – much like pads, these guys keep your home safe from dents and scratches.
- Floor Runners – These are great for catching dirt, and protecting hardwood floors and carpet.
- Hand Trucks
- Furniture Dollies
- Straps- to secure items inside the truck
- Appliances dollies (when needed)
- Piano Boards (when needed)
- In addition, we have lots of other packing material available for you to purchase to help make your move go smooth; such as, different sized boxes, wardrobe boxes, packing peanuts, bubble wrap, packing paper, mattress bags, and TV boxes. Don’t see it on the list? Give us a call today and ask about available materials.
- Additional packing can add to the move time, in the event that you are in need of our packing services, we recommend scheduling 2 consecutive days to get your move done in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Don’t forget, we have lots of other packing material available for purchase, to help make your move go smooth; such as: different sized boxes, wardrobe boxes, packing peanuts, bubble wrap, packing paper, mattress bags, and TV boxes, just to list a few. Don’t see it on the list? Give us a call today and ask us directly!
Remember our crews are professional movers, who are experienced in making the best decisions for each individual move. Equipment and procedures used will depend on the particular needs of your home.
If Your Home Requires a Second Trip
Based on scheduling availability, multiple trips are an option on a case-by-case basis. In the event that a second trip (or more) is needed, your assigned crew lead will notify you as early as possible, to discuss details, such as focusing on the larger items and leaving the more manageable items for a later date.
Parking In and Around the City
It is important that we are able to park our trucks in legal parking zone close to your team’s destination. As the customer, we ask that you make sure we have legal and available parking on the day of your move; we cannot legally park in the “truck loading zones” and in any metered or restricted areas, our trucks may require permits. Permits can also be helpful in areas such as The Hawthorne neighborhood, where parking is very tight. This can be done through Redefyne Moving for a service fee, or by calling the City of Portland permit office at 503.823.7365.
Our trucks need a clearance of 10’ 6’’ to 13’ 6” for all garages and require 2 to 3 parking spots where permits are required. In the event that parking fines and fees do occur due to an illegal parking situation, they will be appended to your final invoice.
Please do not hesitate to call if you have any questions regarding parking for your move.
Professional Foresight is part of our signature process…
Redefyne Moving LLC is fully licensed and insured. We carry $1,000,000 (one million dollars) in coverage to protect your belongings during your move. In the event that an accident may occur, we offer two insurance options. Rest assured, we take personal pride in maintaining a better than two percent claims rate.
Released Value Protection
Redefyne Moving offers a basic insurance for your goods at no cost. This insurance is considered released liability. This insurance covers your goods (excluding items not covered by insurance, see below) for 60 cents per pound per article but no more than the total assessed value of that article. It is important to remember that our Federal and State governments alongside our insurance provider oversees claim details and processing.
Replacement Cost Protection
Redefyne Moving also offer a full replacement option for your goods. This insures your items (excluding items not covered by insurance, see below) for $3.50 per pound per article but no more than the total assessed value of each item. This insurance is purchased at cost. In order to determine the cost for coverage you will need to claim a lump sum value of your goods so they are properly insured. For every $100.00 in value you will pay 85 cents. The minimum lump sum value you may claim is $10,000.00. Your goods will be insured up to a total of your lump sum value subject to per pound per article claims.
How to File a Claim
Please call our office to file a claim. Our office hours are: Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm. Please note that claims must be filed within 60 days of the move date, and are subject to review. When filling out a damage claim, the more information, the easier it will be for us to settle the claim.
In the event of damages, Redefyne Moving reserves the right to employ reasonable repair of your furniture. If you choose full replacement protection and damages occur we may opt to hire a furniture refinishing specialist if the damages warrant a reasonable repair. If the damages are substantial and warrant replacement, Redefyne Moving will authorize a claim on the item with your approval. Reimbursement will be issued within 60 days of the date a claim is filed.
If you refuse reasonable repairs and/or you opt to claim an item under any insurance selection, you must surrender the item in order to receive your claim. The damaged item will then be property and burden of Redefyne Moving.
*Please note, minor cosmetic blemishes (i.e. scratches, dents, chips, knicks), do not deem an insurance pay out. However, a member of our management team will be happy to come and touch up any blemishes that have occurred from the moving process.